Thursday, May 24, 2007

I love Joe!

This is Joe.



Isn't Joe handsome??


I have loved Joe since the day I was born. He protected me from the big bad things in the world and was my super hero. He has bailed me out of jail, he chased off a bad boy or two.. maybe three, he loved me even when he couldn't like me very much, he taught me to ride a bike, throw a base ball like a boy, start a go cart (granted he broke my nose while trying to do so), he taught me how to be me and not what everyone (erhmm my mother) wanted me to be. I could keep up with this list forever but I won't bore you.

Joe bought me this today. I see many many grilled things in my future. Thanks Joe!!!

Joe hasn't always been Joe to me, for the first 33 years of my life he was just Daddy.

7 comments:

kim-d said...

Joe is very handsome! And Joe can spot a most excellent grill! Three burners? COOL! We could have beans with our wienies :)! I wish we lived close, too. But, then again, if we did....(would Joe bail two out of jail? HA!). Does Waterman like to be grill chef, or is it you?

kim-d said...

Oh for pete's sake! Joe...Henry...Michael...Donald...
Is Ann Marie really YOUR name? HAHAHA! Between you and Monkling, I'm starting to feel schizophrenic. Whoever and however, it's still a really cool grill!

Anonymous said...

I think this means we're moving the barbecue over to Ann Marie's tomorrow night.

kim-d said...

I guess I could do that, but I really would rather Ann Marie bring the grill to my place. I will provide wienies AND beans. Come on, I have a really cool new deck, and Ann Marie has the really cool new grill...are ya both in?

Anonymous said...

I want a deck. We're supposed to be living in a house on 3/4 of an acre with a wrap around porch & a swing and a deck. Except there was 1 little problem - we picked the worst possible time to try to sell our house & we couldn't buy that house unless we sold ours. One day... Meantime I guess I'll just have to sit on other people's decks.

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I can't see the picture of what he bought you but I am guessing by the other comments it was a lovely grill! I just love barbeque season!! Lovely tribute to your dad!

kim-d said...

Alright, Ann Marie...STEP AWAY FROM THE GRILL...HAHAHA! It's Friday night...Where are you and Monkling? I've got the beans and weinies all ready...

I miss ya, girl!