Thursday, May 17, 2007

Things that make you go hmm....

I have been out of town again and I know some of you will not believe that I did not take Jenny Mac with me but she stayed home carefully tucked under the love seat awaiting my return. The most shocking thing was I survived 48 hours without her. I was still breathing when I got home. Maybe now wouldn't be the best time to say that when I got home I kissed the Binky Boo, checked my email THEN kiss the Waterman. HHmmmmm I may have my priorities a little twisted.

I went to Maryland this week for work, that part was stressful but a good kind of stressful. Lots of work done, new ideas discussed, proposals made. All good things. I love work when it is going fast paced and good things are happening, truthfully I love my work all the time. I love what I do. I love 99.9% of the people I work with. Hmmmmmm I am not sure that ALL people can say that.. I am a lucky person when it comes to work.

I spent the night with my sister.



Personally I think she is one of the most beautiful creatures God put on the planet. Inside and Out.

When we finally ended up in the same place at the same time Tuesday night we spend two hours outside on the deck.. GASP.. talking! I think her husband referred to us as hens or chickens or some kind of farm animal at one point. After the mandatory chit chat about who looks terrible, who looks so good you have to poke your eye balls out with chop sticks so you don't think bad thoughts, who is getting married, who had a baby, who is cheating on who, the conversation turned to more serious matters. It was a strange conversation and to be honest I do not remember HOW it got brought up. My sister said she wished I were at her wedding, I said I wished she had been at mine.

Let's wind back a few years here, technically lets wind back A LOT of years. I believe the year I am looking for is 1984. that is the earliest I can remember at the moment. Simply maybe because I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee. Starting in 1984 she and I attended each others life events. I was there when her biologicals divorced, she was there when I ran away, I was there when her heart was broken, she was there when mine was, I was there when she needed Lucky Charms, She was there when I was failing school, we were together for proms, we were together for dates, we were together every day in some way. There were the major mile stones of getting driver licenses, We are FRESHMEN, We are SOPHOMORES, We are JUNIORS, We are SENIORS!! Every year a mile stone, Every year a memory that I can link back to her. June 1989 that ends. The last major life event we have shared together was Graduation.

Over the last 18 years many many things have happened in both of our lives. We both have graduated college. We are both now married. I have had three children. She lost a parent. We have both purchased our own homes. We have both been promoted at work. None of these events were shared. Once we graduated we separated into two very different worlds. I don't think either of us did this on purpose, she ran off to college and I ran off and got pregnant. Over time this did not change. We always seemed to be separated by something. It is so odd because I love her way more than even my biological brother (Happy Birthday to him by the way) and there is no one else on Earth that I would even want to share those things with but her. I think maybe I just don't share things well. Milestones in my life now are mine alone and I don't want to share them. I don't know really I really don't. Hmmmm.

Either way I hope she knows how very much she means to me!!! LHK!!!

2 comments:

kim-d said...

Yes, your sister IS beautiful--those eyes! And if you say she is just as beauteous on the inside, I believe you. Plus, those eyes don't lie, right? I wonder if, even though you think you don't want to share your milestones, you would change your mind if she was there for the next one??? Sometimes we put up walls and say we don't want a thing just because we think we don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting it anyway. It's easier that way. I don't know; I'm just sayin'...

Lately, I'm wanting to share EVERYTHING. It's just a matter of finding people...or even just A people...who WANTS me to share! HAHA! Seriously, though, I do believe that we get the people in our lives that we need at the time, and maybe that is what is coming up for you and your sister? Hmmmm, again!

Wow--graduated in 1989, huh? Here's one to make you feel real good about yourself--I graduated in 1974! Just let me say right here and now, though--I look DARN GOOD for my age!!! HAHAHA!

Take good care of you, Ann Marie!

Anonymous said...

Errggh... I graduated in 1973, so that makes me an OLD FART! I was getting worried as you hadn't written anything! DOH...should have known you were away working, as you do from time to time. Loved this entry. I love my siser too, we are at once as alike as peas and carrots and yet again as different as chalk and cheese. Sometimes I could slap her and other's I could hug her to bits!